Celebrate 2019 by giving to others and sharing Gods message!
Welcome, and thank you for visiting the St. Ignatius website. We hope that our website highlights the wide variety of worship, fellowship, and service opportunities available. Please feel free to read more about our church on the site, or come in for a visit. We would love to greet you and share with you our love for Jesus Christ and for you, our neighbor.
We, the community of Believers of St. Ignatius Catholic church, are committed to the celebration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Gifted by the Holy Spirit, we are called to continue our Catholic Christian Heritage through faith-filled liturgies, hospitality, evangelization, family life, and life-long education. With God's grace we will build up the Body of Christ by sharing our time, talents & treasures with our community, our Diocese, as well as the people throughout the world.
Join our Parish
Mon - Thur - 8:30 AM
Saturday - 4:30 PM
Sunday - 9:30 AM
11:00 AM to 11:30 AM
3:45 PM to 4:15 PM
8:45 AM to 9:00 AM
15 minutes before First Friday and Saturday Masses
Sick and Homebound
Call the Parish Office.
Senior High Youth Ministry
Jr. High Youth Group
Resources for Natural Family Planning
Homilies on Natural Family Planning
We collect the first weekend of every month. Please leave your non-perishable food items as well as baby formula (Infamil), diapers, booties, receiving blankets, etc.in the boxes at either side of the alter.
CHECK THE BULLETIN & INSERTS FOR ALL THE SPECIAL 100TH ANNIVERSARY EVENTS THROUGHOUT 2019
Join us in…Celebration!!! - St. Ignatius Of Loyola 100 Year Parish Celebration!
Two thousand and nineteen marks the centennial year of the founding of our parish, St. Ignatius of Loyola, Rogers City, Michigan. We extend an invitation to everyone to join in the celebration of this milestone. Many activities and events are being planned throughout the year to honor this special time.
List of Events Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic Church
Summer of 2018 - 100th Anniversary Rosary available for sale.
January 2019 - Architects Drawing of altar of present church placed on display.
February 2019 - St. Ignatius Corner initiated in bulletin.
- Indoor banner commemorating Anniversary received and displayed in church.
March 2019 - Anniversary page in bulletin initiated.
- History of parish excerpts included on bulletin page.
- Sticker noting Anniversary placed on boxes for school paczki sale (over 400).
April 2019 - Papal Blessing received – matted and framed, displayed in church.
- Anniversary placemats used for Harbor Nights/breakfasts.
- Outdoor banner celebrating Anniversary erected at corner of Ira and Third Sts.
May 2019 - Memorial cards distributed at weekend Masses.
- 19th - Living Rosary hosted by Rosary Society and Daughters of Isabella Sunday in church with over 75 volunteers from the host groups, the K of C Color Corp, St. Ignatius of Loyola Senior Youth Group, St. Ignatius of Loyola Choir, Fr. Rolando, Deacon Scott, and many parishioners.
- Billboard erected on Bradley Hwy (US23) recognizing the Anniversary of our parish.
June 2019 - Memorial Cards & magnets distributed at weekend Masses.
- 23rd - host Summer Concert series - gave away mini bottles of water with label noting our Anniversary.
July 2019 - Memorial Cards & magnets distributed at weekend Masses.
- 31st - Feast Day of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Fr. Rolando celebrant, concelebrated by Fr. Joe Muszkiewicz with Deacon Scott Landane. Fr. Brad Nursey attended and heard confessions.
- Anniversary Picnic followed feast day Mass hosted by Kof C.
August 2019 - Commemorative magnets distributed at weekend Masses.
- 4th - Float in Nautical Festival Parade created by PTG with support from the Rosary Society.
September 2019 -1st 9:30 - Anniversary Mass celebrated by Fr. James Fitzpatirick, concelebrated by Fr. Joseph Muszkiewicz, Msgr. David Greka, Fr. John Greene, Br. Bob Malloy, and Deacon Scott Landane.
- 1st 2pm - Anniversary Dinner and Program School Gym. Artifacts and historic pictures on display.
- 8th - Float in Posen Potato Festival Parade.
October 2019 - 5th – St. Ignatius Spirituality Retreat: Living the Discerning Life Fr. Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V., St. Francis Catholic Church, Petoskey, MI.
2019-2020 Annual Diocesan Catholic Services Appeal
We are pleased to report that thanks to those of you who have participated in the Catholic Services Appeal of 2019-20, we have reached our target pledges. I extend to you my personal thanks for your participation, as well as the continued efforts of many of you to pay your pledges. Because of all who make good on their pledges, we can reach our target in pledges paid. Blessings, ~ Father Rolando
"We offer you our gifts, Lord.” NOTE: If you have a family intention and/or would like to take up the offertory gifts, please sign up on the offertory sheet at the Third St. entrance or call Eileen Martini at 989-595-6501
Rosary Before Mass
We will continue to say the rosary 1/2 hour before each weekend Mass for “Healing for those in need at St. Ignatius Parish. Join us in prayer for our parish family.
The Diocese of Gaylord has asked that parishes of the diocese to provide a low-gluten host for communion for those members of the parish who have an issue with the gluten content in the communion host.
Please call the parish office to submit your name so that the parish can attend to your specific needs.
For all Parishioners
Even though you may have been a parishioner for many years, St. Ignatius parish is requesting updated registration forms for all current and new parishioners. This information is vital to our parish. Blank registration forms are available at each entrance of the church, on the parish website, and at the parish office. Please include as much information as possible. Your current envelope number may be recorded on your registration, or record your desire to receive contribution envelopes if you are not receiving them at the present time. Completed registration forms may be returned to the parish office or placed in the collection basket.
If you would like your event published in the bulletin, please call the parish office at 734-2753. It is important that you call by Friday, one week prior to the bulletin publication.